Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nursery Decorations

After a year and a half of no decorations in the nursery, Baby has inspired up to finally finish the nursery.  Today was an important step, as I ordered 6 pictures to be framed and hung in the nursery and bathroom!  I am super excited!  The nursery theme will continue with an African theme, primarily focused on giraffes.  The nursery will also continue with the color theme of brown, green and cream with orange thrown in as an accent.  The bathroom is going to be a rainforest theme, primarily decorated with monkeys and frogs.  (Daddy loves monkeys and Mommy loves frogs!)

Here are the prints I ordered for the nursery:






Here is the print I ordered for the rainforest bathroom:

I will also be ordering these alphabet cards to hang on a wall using clips:
Now that I have ordered all the artwork, it is time to start shopping for frames.  

The bathroom and nursery paint colors are already picked out.  The nursery is a khaki/army green color and the bathroom will be a sky blue color with mostly green accents to make the rainforest.  We are hoping to begin painting in either January or February.  

The big decision left to make is whether to order another crib or bunk beds.  At this point, that decision is completely dependent on if Baby is a boy or a girl, as if both kids are boys, they will always share a room, so twin beds that can bunk long term are the best bet for floor space usage.  If Baby is a girl, they will still share a room for now, however down the road they will be in their own rooms, so no need for a bunk bed system.  We may just wait to order the new crib or bunk beds until after Baby arrives... We will see how antsy I get!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome decorations!

    I vote for going shopping and pick out what you want on both options, then wait to place the order until baby makes his/her grand appearance. Baby will need to sleep in the cradle in your room for a while so s/he doesn't wake Miles every 2 hours for the first bit when s/he need to nurse so frequently anyway. So you'll have time to place that order and get the furniture once baby is born.

    Either way, it sounds like Miles needs a twin mattress, so you could get that ahead of baby Then Miles has a bed to sleep on if baby is ready for the crib before the new furniture arrives. Mattress on floor at first is great anyay, less distance to fall out while learning the new bed :)

    ReplyDelete