Monday, November 28, 2011

19 Weeks

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats Baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) We might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

How far along: 19 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +4.5 lbs
Pregnancy Symptoms: Back pain, growing bump, headaches, tender stomach, pregnancy brain, sciatic pain - yikes, already?
Maternity clothes: All the way!
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: 5-7 hours, depending on the night
Best moment last week: Watching Baby play on the research study ultrasound
Movement: Getting a little bit stronger, but mostly at night still
Food cravings: pretzels with velveta and rotell
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button (in or out): In, but really stretching... I was almost the Thanksgiving turkey! 
What I miss: Memory
What I am looking forward to: Feeling Baby kick more frequently
Milestones: Baby and I successfully made it through our first research study session

No comments:

Post a Comment