Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 5


Here's a convenient coincidence: This, the week of my first missed period, is also the week when my hormone levels are high enough for that home pregnancy test to work its magic. 
Baby's now the size of an appleseed!
Our embryo, which doesn't look like much more than a tadpole right now, is actually starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in my uterus triggers production of HCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests), which triggers the production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone, which triggers all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!

How far along: 5 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 0 lbs
Pregnancy Symptoms: Frequent urination, hair loss, insanely tired, bloating, swollen boobs, cranky (I am so sorry Chris - I am not trying to be), tearful
Maternity clothes: Not yet
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Trying to get 7 hours a night, but not always achieving that goal
Best moment last week: Finding out we are pregnant and HCG is rising!
Movement: Nope
Food cravings: Not yet
Gender: I am going to go with Boy
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button (in or out): I am an innie
What I miss: Unlimited amounts of coffee
What I am looking forward to: Having the pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound
Milestones: Up up up goes the HCG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment