Monday, March 26, 2012

36 Weeks

Our due date is just four weeks away. Hasn’t time flown? Our once-poppy seed would probably be able to breathe on their own if they were born right now. (If not, Baby would probably need some TLC, but Baby would likely be okay.) Most of Baby's systems are in working order at 36 weeks.
Baby is getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on their own.  Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft and their gums are rigid. Baby's liver and kidneys are in working order, and the circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.
Our baby's the size of a coconut!
Baby's still in the 17.2- to 18.7-inch and 4.2- to 5.8-pound range and continues to beef up.

How far along: 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +19.5 lbs
Pregnancy Symptoms: PAIN, PAIN, PAIN!!!, complete lack of sleep, unable to see my feet, lightheadedness, pregnancy brain, sciatic pain, difficulty breathing when walking up a flight of steps, thirsty all the time, Braxton Hicks, increased urination, difficulty eating as I am full after a few bites, swollen ankles and feet, hip pain
Maternity clothes: Yep
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: I have not slept for almost 3 days straight worth talking about because my back hurts so severely at night
Best moment last week: It sinking in that Baby is going to be here soon!  I am starting to really accept our delivery route and the fact that we know the date and beginning to get really excited to meet little one.
Movement: Lots and lots of rolling around.
Food cravings: Sweet tea
Gender: I am pretty confident that I know what Baby is... We will see if my predictions are right, but I think Miles is going to be having a little brother (at least according to the dreams)
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks, and then there was that one day when I had multiple contractions while at work, but luckily that all calmed down after a few hours
Belly Button (in or out): I'm an outie!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I miss: Not being in constant pain... This is ridiculous
What I am looking forward to: Finding out if Baby is a Boy or a Girl, as I have waffled so much, being completely convinced early on that Baby was a girl, and now completely convinced that Baby is a boy
Milestones: Only 3 more weeks until our c-section date and only one week away from full term!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment